>> Issue: Few packets do not reach the application servlet but tomcat receives
>> them. The missing packets reach the HTTP layer and thereafter they disappear.
>>
>> This issue is not frequent but occasionally consistent. For the POSTs of
>> missing packet I am not able to find the entry in localhost_access_log.
>
>> How do you know that the packet reaches tomcat if there is no matching entry
>> in localhost_access.log? Does all other access appear in this file?
>

> I could see the packet in the wireshark capture and it has reached HTTP layer
> so I thought it has reached Tomcat; I may be wrong here. Also, as far as my
> observation, every hit to the application URLs was getting logged in local
> access log.

And is there anything in the Tomcat error logs ?
(Or the Windows Event logs)

A HTTP request might be discarded by Tomcat for various reasons (*) before it
is ever
mapped to an application.
In such a case, there is probably also no log of the request in the Access log.
But I would expect some error message in the Tomcat error logs.

(*) Invalid HTTP request, incomplete request, etc..
If there are really packets being lost somewhere, then for POST requests the
request size
would not match the Content-length header, and that may be one of these cases.

I must say that the "packets lost" hypothesis sound a bit iffy to me.
This is TCP, which should detect missing packets and cause a client connection
abort if it
was the case.  The invalid HTTP request being rejected by Tomcat sounds more
probable to me.

I could not find anything (Exception) in tomcat std error log file or any file
in the log folder. But I  have not checked the Windows event logs. Will do that.

Regarding the content length, there is no mismatch as I have validated using
Wireshark and also the same packets(In terms of structure) have reached the
application previously.

W.r.t. the last point, I could see TCP ACK for the received packet in the
wireshark and the packet has reached HTTP layer which goes missing thereafter.

Is there any configuration to get more logs on the operations happening during
the mapping of request to the application?

DISCLAIMER: This electronic message and any attachments to this electronic
message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) named herein and
may contain legally privileged and confidential information. It is the property
of Celstream Systems Private Limited. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby strictly notified not to copy, forward, distribute or use this
message or any attachments thereto. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it and all copies thereof, from your system and notify the sender
at Celstream Systems or administrat...@celstream.com immediately.