On 10/03/2015 6:14 AM, "Victor Rodriguez" <victropo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have some ALREADY gzipped files that I'm trying to serve up.
>
> I have the following in my web.xml.
>
> <mime-mapping>
>     <extension>json</extension>
>     <mime-type>application/gzip</mime-type>
> </mime-mapping>
>

> And, I have the following in my server.xml:
>
> <Context docBase="/path/to/already-gzipped-json"
path="/already-gzipped-json" />

> From the command line, I can curl the files and gunzip them just fine, so
> they are coming across gzipped:
>
> curl http://localhost:8082/already-gzipped-json/fie.json | gunzip -
>
> However, requests coming from a web browser aren't handled correctly and
> aren't legible in the browser, and I believe it's because

You mean Accept-Encoding, right? Is tomcat fronted by apache, nginx or
sometning else that can add this header for you? If not then maybe just
consider it as option if you can't solve it in tomcat although according to
the comments you got here from people that are really experts it should be
possible.