Markus,
  Is the header name called "Authentication" ?  If so, we had this exact
same issue a few years ago. The length of this HTTP header was too long for
mod_jk to process and the request was getting dropped. I think you might be
able to configure the packet size of mod_jk now to get around this problem.

Our solution a few years ago was I built an ISAPI filter that removed the
Authentication header before it was sent to Tomcat (since this wasn't
needed).

Scott