On 17.04.2009 16:55, Scott Bradshaw wrote:
> Markus,
>   Is the header name called "Authentication" ?  If so, we had this exact
> same issue a few years ago. The length of this HTTP header was too long for
> mod_jk to process and the request was getting dropped. I think you might be
> able to configure the packet size of mod_jk now to get around this problem.
>
> Our solution a few years ago was I built an ISAPI filter that removed the
> Authentication header before it was sent to Tomcat (since this wasn't
> needed).

What is jconnector? Are you using the isapi redirector to connect IIS
and Tomcat (the IIS relative of mod_jk)?

If so, the whole request including headers is not allowed to exceed 8KB
(excluding any request bodies e.g. when using the POST method).

If you need to send bigger requests, you will need to use a non-standard
configuration to exceed the AJP packet size limitations of the AJP13
protocol.

Look for max_packet_size on the page

   http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

Regards,