Chris,

What mod_jk change? What does running Tomcat 5 (specifically) have to do
with it?

The link of tomcat below gives instructions on how to increase the
max_packet_size for AJP. This mentions that this is available only from
Tomcat 5.5.20+ and 6.0.2+. So we having Tomcat 5 means that we cannot change
this.
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

I checked in the isapi logs and i see the error that the HTTP method does
not allow the data transmitted, or the data volume exceeds the capacity
limit

I somehow need to be able to pass the URL from IIS to Tomcat. If I remove
the setting for isapi_Redirect and directly use response.redirect(tomcat
url) in the asp page it works fine but I need the requests to be serviced
only via iis.

-AM