> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: jvm exits without trace
>
> Yikes: whenever I see jdbcodbc I cringe!

As everyone should.

> Looks like whatever ntdll.dll is. That doesn't sound like a
> JDBC driver cause to me.

It's not the JDBC driver per se, but the JDBC driver called it.  You pretty
much have to go through ntldll.dll on all calls into the Windows kernel.

> The stack trace shows all Java code except the call into ntdll.dll.

Java code can't call ntldll.dll directly - that has to be done from some other
native code.

> Looks like you've broken a kernel call, though :)

Just gave it a VA that's not valid for the process to access, so the Windows
kernel blew up the thread with an access violation - as it should.

This appears to be completely unrelated to the previously discussed JVM
terminations.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.