I'm running 1.6.0_18 under OpenSuSE 11.0-11.2 and I've only had one problem.
It looks like a GLIBC error related to IPV6. I disabled IPV6 on the machine
and it's been rock solid since.

I don't use native connectors, or AJP. I do about 900,000 hits with 4GB/Day
spread across 3 servers and it's just rock steady. I run the tomcat
instances for 2-3 weeks each before re-starting. For each machine, that's
about 6 million hits with about 40 GB of transfer.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
303 438-9585
www.mhsoftware.com