Peter Crowther wrote:
On 27 March 2010 00:22, David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net> wrote:

BTW, after looking back at my development notes, the jdbc-odbc bridges,
while a pain to set up, have better performance than the type 4 drivers that
Sybase also offers.

That's frightening, given the extra layers of code for the ODBC bridge.  If
I were Sybase, I'd be ashamed of my code quality - or trying to implement
the missing features that cause your application to behave better with the
ODBC bridge.
Except that with the bridge, much of the work can be done in highly optimized C code (there's a separate driver for each platform), rather than in java, which probably makes up for the extra layer. In addtion, they say that ODBC is a native interface for SQLAnywhere, so there are fewer layers than most ODBC implementations would have.