David,

On 3/26/2010 1:40 PM, David kerber wrote:
It looks like we may have had one of these this AM, but under somewhat
different conditions:  Windows server 2008, JVM 1.6.0_17 64-bit Server
VM, TC 5.5.28.  No tracks in any of the TC logs, and the Windows event
viewer had the singularly un-useful "The Tomcat5 service terminated
unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s)."

I did find this jvm error log, though, which appears to point to my jdbc
driver:

Yikes: whenever I see jdbcodbc I cringe!

What alternative is there, without going to a java database? This is making calls to a database server elsewhere on the network, not something embedded in the app.

#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000775c8926,
pid=4860, tid=4272

[snip]

#
# JRE version: 6.0_17-b04
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (14.3-b01 mixed mode
windows-amd64 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ntdll.dll+0x48926]

Looks like whatever ntdll.dll is. That doesn't sound like a JDBC driver
cause to me.

Other than the fact that it's part of the windows kernel/core, I don't know either. My guess was that the jodbc driver was making a bad call to the kernel.

The stack trace shows all Java code except the call into ntdll.dll.
Without knowing what function was being called, you can't really even
speculate what the problem might be.

Looks like you've broken a kernel call, though :)

Yep