you guys want to know about internal implementation details. it has no
publically exposed api, so why should you care? why should we document
something that can change without affecting our users? does the jee
spec detail how the request gets to the servlet? no, that is left up
to the implementor of the servlet container.

you want to know about it?  set a break point in
wicketfilter.dofilter() and walk the code.

-igor