On Sunday 13 January 2008 04:19:30 Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> Ok, so rarely you need to roll your own
> IRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy, we do provide implementations to
> cover most common cases. And even if you do, you only need to know
> about IRequestTarget - which has good javadoc, and so does the coding
> strategy. You dont need to know anything about the
> irequestcycleprocessor, in fact it might even go away at a later
> release.

May be it's just me but I didn't get how to use
IRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy after reading javadocs (I don't say they're
bad). Though you're right request processor is not that important in this
case, probably WebRequestCodingStrategy is.

Anyway if you do something not very straightforward it may be quite useful to
know at least something about the context in which your code is called.
Coming back to onBeginRequest() I think it's not obvious to user whether he
can use in it application, request, response or session object unless he
knows workflow.

If request cycle processor goes away I'm sure you'll do it right. I liked the
way wicket changed from 1.2 to 1.3.

Dima