I totally agree that the JSR process is horrid. However, Wicket could really
use some more corporate credibility (which a JSR would provide).
The problem, I guess is that there are simply no corporate interests behind
Wicket that would push the agenda. What wicket need is some evangelism, but
I guess all the core people have real jobs. What we need is less talks
titled "why wicket is cool" and more "cut your development costs in two with
Wicket". From experience, I am totally convinced that you can save 50% off
your development costs if you switch to wicket (from just about any other
framework), however, I've yet to find a contracting job here in Zürich where
wicket is asked for (it's JSF, or even Struts).

Thomas