Ok, scratch that comment too...

I see Antoine dug up an old thread of yours where you already found out
about the possibility to override WebRequestCodingStrategy.

I also see that Antoine created WICKET-2731 and that it has been closed as
resolved/fixed, so there should be some hooks available in wicket 1.4.7
(which is to be release shortly according to the dev mailing list).