Comments inline....

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Boris Goldowsky <bgoldow...@cast.org>wrote:

> It sounds like whoever is responsible for wicketstuff needs to make a clear
> choice here.

The community is responsible for WicketStuff.  This includes you.

> Is Wicketstuff going to be maintained as a place where lots of useful
> add-ons will live?  If so, it needs someone to take a slightly more active
> role as curator; make sure the releases are done in parallel with wicket
> releases, make sure modules don't get dumped there without at least some
> documentation; and weed out modules that are abandoned, where no one
> volunteers to take on maintenance, or whose function has been absorbed into
> wicket's core.

I tried.  I don't have the time it takes.  With the free-for-all access that
is given to it, people consistently commit inconsistent junk that they don't
ever intend on maintaining in there.  Feel free to take over - most of the
reorganization work is already done for you - by me.  You can pick up where
I left off and carry the torture stake as far as you want.

Alternatively, make it clear that wicketstuff is NOT going to be maintained,
> and people like me who would like to share modules will share them in some
> other way - on Google code, a personal website, or whatever.

*Pieces* of WicketStuff will not be maintained.  Unfortunately, that's the
way it's always been, and if you intend on releasing something that really
is going to be maintained, I'd definitely suggest using something else like
Google Code, GitHub, etc...

> Either way is ok I think, it just would be useful for those of us who are
> interested in contributing modules to know.

Search the list - you'll see many similar thoughts to this over the years
related to WicketStuff.

Thanks