The problem you're going to face is that Wicket is an "unmanaged"
framework.  Meaning that something else doesn't create stuff for you.  You
create your Links, Labels, TextFields, etc.  So, the container can't really
do the injection.  Now, what we could come up with would be an aspect that
does the dirty work for you, but that would mean that you have to introduce
AspectJ into your build (not a big deal).  It would be interesting to see
how this works.

By the way, with my stuff, you can just do
AbstractCdiPlugin.get().inject(whateverObject) and it will do the injection
for you.  So, you can put that in your session class' constructor, for
instance.  For the application, you can use the plugin's inject() method
inside your init() method (you have to instantiate and install it there
anyway).