Just have a look at https://wamblee.org/svn/public/wicket-cdi
The main thing I did was to make the injection and caching stuff completely
independent of wicket and I made some arrangements to still allow unit tests
where you can inject different things from the defaults.

In particular, I think you can incorporate the InjectorCache in your design
and it would also be good to make the injection support independent of
wicket. Basically, the org.wamblee.cdi package tries to provide a simple and
efficient injection api (bean manager api is too general and too verbose for
most purposes)