Keep in mind I do use WiQuery myself primarily for the Resource Manager, my
main point was that this is the main reason to use WiQuery, like you
mentioned, and that it should only be viewed as an interface was in my
opinion more of a compliment to well written code. And of course people who
don't know jquery or javascript will gain a lot from WiQuery bypassing much
of that knowledge.

I do admit that there are regular updates to WiQuery, but there was some
time where it did not convert its source jquery files to the newer versions
of JQuery (which I understand requires testing etc... and cannot be done
quickly), which I think now can be overriden more easily by the user.

My other main fear is that with a couple of JQuery Wicket modules, which
will stay and be adopted and which will go. I personally hope that WiQuery
will continue to be updated and grow, but with only a couple of people as
maintainers, I thought it could become extinct all of a sudden at any time.
Though it is good to know that it is being used by an organization, which
means there is monetary incentive for them to keep it afloat.

But yes, I do think that WiQuery is a great project! Though I do need to one
day solve issue 77, I am hoping with the new versions of wicket/wiquery it
will have been  somehow solved though I may have solved it by working around
the problem which is probably better code.