Michal Letynski wrote:

> Ok i solved the problem. I used wrong version (1.4.17.3 - its buggy). I
> get exceptions:
> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
>      at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1937)
>      at
> wicket.contrib.tinymce.settings.TinyMCESettings.lazyLoadTinyMCEResource(TinyMCESettings.java:971)
>      at
> wicket.contrib.tinymce.TinyMceBehavior.renderHead(TinyMceBehavior.java:60)
>
> And looking and java docs (" TODO: This has not been extensively
> tested.") it still under development.

For TinyMCE to work properly with AJAX, it must be loaded on the page prior
to the Ajax call that generates the editor.  This is a flaw with TinyMCE
itself, not the wicket component.

Up until version 1.4.17.2, you needed to render the TinyMCE javascript
resource with the Page (or some other non-Ajax generated component) and then
individual components can use TinyMCEBehavior on an Ajax rendered text area.
This is described in the JavaDoc for lazyLoadTinyMCEResource().

lazyLoadTinyMCEResource() was my attempt to get around this requirement and
load the javascript via Ajax.  I suspect the problem is not with the
technique but with the URL manipulation.  Feel free to contribute a bug fix
and/or ignore the lazyLoadTinyMCEResource() function.  However, it should be
considered beta and is completely optional.  You can still use the old
method.

Hope that helps!  I still recommend using 1.4.17.3 as it has an up-to-date
version of TinyMCE and several other improvements.

Jake