Hi Sebastien, I applied your last approach and I think it would work. It is
working but step "<4> Get the component back" is not finding the checkbox
because of (what I believe) an incomplete path. It doesn't sound
complicated, I'll investigate. However I am starting to understand things
more due to your answer, and because I am dealing with an unusual large
page, I am wondering what do you think about changing the use case and
-since we centralized the behavior- not call the checkbox's onUpdate()
anymore but rather just the behavior's respond() ? All checkboxes do the
same thing. So if the checkbox name received as parameter gives me
everything I need to load the models for my processing, I no longer require
the checkbox instance(s) be stored in session contributing in my main issue
which is performance in large pages. Am I right?
It is really motivating having answers like yours. Thank you so much

Lucas Kuperman