Hi Ernesto. We seem to be in the same page now. Sebastien's approach is also
about a single behavior, with the small difference of adding the CheckBoxes
onclick event in the server side (I did it in the onComponentTag method
instead of relying on attributemodifiers because of performance) rather than
through a small JavaScript on the client. Since I am dealing with an unusual
big table and my main problem is performance, I'll consider your JS approach
now that I have centralized the behavior (thanks Sebastien!).
I am considering applying the dynamic load that Vineet suggested because I
still can't bring numbers down, but planning to do that after the table is
as 'efficient' as I can get it to be.
Thank you so much for your contribution! I'll keep you posted

Lucas