Hello wicket-community,

in the last time I had to work on another project, so my wicket-work
paused and I just upgraded to the new versions.

So I was rather astonished that the mechanism I implemented for the
return page after canceling an edit was not working any more, since
getPage(pageref) returned null.

After a lot of tests I know that this came from wicket 6.10.0 on, in
6.9.0 the code was working correctly. I also recognize, that the newer
versions provide a new page id, if I use the URL with the old pageId
manually, so in 6.10.0 the page is expired, whereas in 6.9.0 it is not.
Strange for me.

I use CDI and Glassfish 3.1.2 and have found the issues fixed in 6.10.0,
that could be related:
WICKET-5164 - PageStoreManager.SessionEntry keeps outdated sessionId
when container changes sessionId
WICKET-5309 - No page id appended to some stateful pages using repeaters

Any idea what the problem could be and how I could fix it?

Thank You
Dieter

My code is:

Call of page:
final PageReference pageReference = getPage().getPageReference();
logger.log(Level.INFO, "Backpage reference of EntityCrudLink: {0}
({1})", new Object[]{pageReference, pageReference.getPageId()});
setResponsePage(new
EntityEditPage(EntityModelFactory.createEntityModel(editRecord),
crudView, pageReference));

Edit Page:
The PageReference prevPageRef is set in constructor.

Link cancelButton = new Link("cancelButton", new
ResourceModel("CancelLabel")) {

  public void onClick() {
  IModel<String> infoModel;

  ... define infoModel

  getSession().info(infoModel.getObject());
  setResponsePage(prevPageRef.getPage());
  }
};