________________________________
From: Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:40 PM
To: Community mailing list of VirtualBox users
Subject: Re: [VBox-users] no audio on windows 7 (64bit) guest, linux host

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 6:05 PM, FHDATA <fhd...@unm.edu<mailto:fhd...@unm.edu>>
wrote:

hello,

I am on Centos6  64bit (host) using virtualbox 4.3.30
and my guest is Windows 7 64bit.

1. Did you install the guest additions on the guest?

yes.

2. If you go to control panel in the Win7 Guest,, open the Hardware Manager,
and expand the devices tree, do you see any audio devices under "multimedia
devices" ?

Device Manager (not Hardware Manager)

device tree expanded and there is no Multimedia Devices (or even  something
close to that)....   just the normal sound device ....

3. Do you get a volume slider in the systray?

you mean sound icon on taskbar/system tray of desktop?
yes there is a volume slider ....

With these answers, we could have a better idea about what is going on.

FC
PS: I´m not sure what´s your reason not to go with 5.0, as it brings many
improvements, performance-wise.

I work on linux but I "have to" have Windows on the side for some stuff.
  My windows needs are absolute basics, like basic noise (audio/sound) comes out
of headphone will be fine...

thank you,
F-

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell