On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 10:17, Clayton Weise wrote:
> Yes, that's what I was referring to.  The FQDN is there only for MD5-CRAM if
> my memory serves correct.  It is not actually used in any way for
> authenticating the username.  It's there for a challenge-response system.
> The fact that it's missing from your startup would be why it wouldn't work
> (or, work for any username/password combination in that case).

Hrm, well, I'm presuming that in place of the FQDN, you can simply put
in an IP address?  This box is just in the testing phase so I've put the
IP in for the host name.

But now, rather than accept anything, it's refusing everything.  I know
the passwd that I'm testing with is good (I can verify it in my
~vpopmail/domains/<domain>/vpasswd file), but it's just not giving me
any love.  The non-informative Evolution error message doesn't help at
all either, so upon sniffing the network, I can see I'm getting a "535
authorization failed (#5.7.0)" error.

Anyone have ideas on this one?  Could it possibly that that whatever's
trying to access ~vpopmail/bin/vchkpw isn't able to due to permission
problems?  Hmmm...

Thanks again,

Bill