Hello Matt,

On Sunday, February 9, 2003 at 4:44:42 AM you [MS] wrote (at least in
part):

> What I really, really want is to override the defined values in
> vmysql.h without actually altering any files in any way. Maybe it's not
> possible, but it just seems like it should be.

But you have read my mail completely?
It seems _NOT_ to be possible to override them.
Edit vmysql.h _once_, put the whole block that defines the variables
into a comment (Put '/*' in a line above the block, '*/' in the line
below it), pass the defines (via Makefile) as command line arguments
and be happy with "mass compiling". This is a quick 'n dirty solution,
the proper way would be to put every of those defines in '#ifndef ...'
blocks.
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

You ain't seen nothing yet. I can take out this floor, too, no
trouble.