That did it! Thanks again for the assistance. Sqwebmail was broken after that so I did the same thing to it and now it works great. I still see one problem, when I do 'qmailctl stat' it show pop3d up for 0 or 1 second. I can't see any log entries that would point to why. The qmail handbook suggests there could be problems with a run script, but I haven't touched any and it was working. I checked to make sure nothing else is running on port 110. Could something I did with all this vpopmail stuff have done something?

My /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-pop3d/run file:


# Dave Sill, 2001-11-06
# For use with The qmail Handbook, ISBN 1893115402

MAXPOP3D=`head -1 /var/qmail/control/concurrencypop3`
if [ -z "$MAXPOP3D" ]; then
echo MAXPOP3D is unset in
echo $0
exit 1
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l 0 -x /etc/tcp.pop3.cdb -c "$MAXPOP3D" \
0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw \
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

Clayton Weise writes:

Typically when people recompile vpopmail they do it by running a make clean
or make distclean in the source directory and reconfiguring it. I've found
this to be just a tad unreliable and I usually erase the source dir, and
untar a "fresh" batch of source to make my new build. This usually resolves
oddities like you described below. Also, after a make install-strip
vpopmail will attempt to chown everything with the vpopmail:vchkpw user and
group. Sometimes to verify (usually for my own sanity more than anything
else) before I run the make install-strip I'll move the ~vpopmail/bin to
~vpopmail/bin.old that way I know that when it installs it won't fail at
attempting to overwrite a file that's currently in use. I also, before the
make install-strip, stop any pop3 or smtp services that might be using
vpopmail for the same reason. Give that a shot.


Reply via email to