Nothing in the pop3d log since 3/4, when this all started. If I just run the 'run' script it starts supervising pop3d, but it still only runs 1 sec at max. netstat -p -l shows nothing on port 110. The -x option to tcpserver is straight from Dave Sill's script that he sends with The Qmail Handbook, and it was working before so I think it is safe. When I just do this part of the run file:

~# /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup \
/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw \
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

I get to a login, I give it a good USER/PASS and then it says:

-ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir

Looks like it doesn't know where to look for Maildirs anymore. I can't figure out why yet.

Clayton Weise writes:

Well.. for one thing, I've never seen qmail-pop3d used with the -x option,
so I'm not sure how tcpserver handles that. I can't say for sure whether it
would work or not. One thing is simply to try and run that script as-is and
see what errors you get (if any). Also, check your pop3d log files and see
if they report any errors. And last, but not least, make sure that no other
applications are listening on port 110.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 9:46 AM
To: Clayton Weise
Subject: [vchkpw] Re: domain problem

That did it! Thanks again for the assistance. Sqwebmail was broken after that so I did the same thing to it and now it works great. I still see one problem, when I do 'qmailctl stat' it show pop3d up for 0 or 1 second. I can't see any log entries that would point to why. The qmail handbook suggests there could be problems with a run script, but I haven't touched any and it was working. I checked to make sure nothing else is running on port 110. Could something I did with all this vpopmail stuff have done something?

My /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-pop3d/run file:


# Dave Sill, 2001-11-06
# For use with The qmail Handbook, ISBN 1893115402

MAXPOP3D=`head -1 /var/qmail/control/concurrencypop3`
if [ -z "$MAXPOP3D" ]; then
echo MAXPOP3D is unset in
echo $0
exit 1
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l 0 -x /etc/tcp.pop3.cdb -c "$MAXPOP3D" \
0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw \
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

Clayton Weise writes:

Typically when people recompile vpopmail they do it by running a make
or make distclean in the source directory and reconfiguring it. I've
this to be just a tad unreliable and I usually erase the source dir, and
untar a "fresh" batch of source to make my new build.  This usually
oddities like you described below.  Also, after a make install-strip
vpopmail will attempt to chown everything with the vpopmail:vchkpw user
group.  Sometimes to verify (usually for my own sanity more than anything
else) before I run the make install-strip I'll move the ~vpopmail/bin to
~vpopmail/bin.old that way I know that when it installs it won't fail at
attempting to overwrite a file that's currently in use.  I also, before
make install-strip, stop any pop3 or smtp services that might be using
vpopmail for the same reason. Give that a shot.


Reply via email to