Hi Payal,

> If I have a domain payal.com, I want that whenever a mail is being sent
> to either [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED], it should land at (or do as
> specified in .qmail-ext file) of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

So create "foo" as a POP account, and let "bar" point to it, too.

> Is this how we use aliases?

Yes.

> Is this an example of alias?

Yes.

> Now I tried valias like this,
> # valias [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> But this does not work at all.

Yes, because you did not follow the instructions correctly.

valias -i [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                \               This is the name of the alias.
                 \
                   This is what you want to insert (-i) into it.

You cannot miss "-i"; please read the output of valias exactly.

Jonas