> diversion. in short: the original claim was baseless. No mailserver is
> broken for refusing messages from sites that have no in-addr.arpa in place.

Please.

"No mailserver is broken for refusing messages from sites run by [ethnic
group]."
"No mailserver is broken for refusing messages from sites with an even IP
address."
"No mailserver is broken for refusing messages delievered by air-mail."

There is no guideline saying that servers MUST refuse mail from sites with no
in-addr.arpa.  Therefore your stance is on shaky ground -- you are going
above and beyond the relevant RFCs that the protocol relies on to achieve a
goal.  "Embrace and extend," anyone?

You don't mind rejecting mail based on lack of in-addr.arpa.  I do.  Who
cares?  When your customers come to you and say that they aren't getting mail
and you ask the other ISP to fix their problem and they won't, who's at
fault?  You are in this case, because you are going above and beyond what the
RFC dictates as minimum requirements.

There is nothing stating you can't have a nameserver without a valid reverse
lookup, and if you are expecting the world to follow you, you have delusions
of grandeur.  Whether that is acceptable to you or not is your (and your
customer's) worry, not mine.  I am under no obligation to correct my
"mistake" simply because you don't like it and have configured your servers
not to like it.

Regards,
Andrew