Quoting X-Istence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> As i have tinkered with the source code myself, i dont see why qmail
> would have to be restarted. In the qmail source file, it re-reads the
> rcpthosts file on every run of it ( qmail-smtpd ), so "hot" adding
> shouldnt be a problem at all.
>
> X-Istence

Don't tinker, READ!

daemon1# pwd
/downloads/mail/vpopmail-5.2.1
daemon1# grep qmail-send vpopmail.c
        signal_process("qmail-send", SIGHUP);
    /* send a HUP signal to qmail-send process to reread control files */
    signal_process("qmail-send", SIGHUP);
    signal_process("qmail-send", SIGHUP);
daemon1#

Things like that has mislead me in the past, so I am quite anal when it comes
to expressing opinions.

At times when I mention something I am not 100% sure of, I say "Please correct
me if I am wrong", or "I could be wrong".

Also, if I don't have the big-qmail-vpop-picture, I would never make a
conclusion like "[something] shouldn't be a problem, at all".

Respectfully,
Tim Hasson