Erwin Hoffmann wrote:
Hi,

At 09:46 19.05.04 +0200, signo wrote:

hello, i ve 2 problems....

first:
I've installed qmail 1.03 with qmail-smtpd-auth-043. Now the smth auth
work fine but if
i try to send an email (with Mozilla) without smpt authentication set it
work??!!!??

Hm. Could you please explain that in more details ?

If i set (in mozilla) 'the server require smtp-auth, he ask me for user name and passwd, he verify the entries
and if the username/password are correct he send the mail.
But if i don't set the smtp-auth he send the mail too (without username/password  control)!!!

I would like to acceprtONLY mail after a successfull smtp-auth.

thank

signo

P.S for the second questione is ok...thank

can you tell me why??

i've modifiey my tcp.smtp file like that:

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow,SMTPAUTH=""
:deny

Hm. Your patched version of qmail-smtpd (qmail-smtpd-auth-043) does not use
the environment variable "SMTPAUTH".

In addition, your construct

:allow,SMTPAUTH=""
:deny

makes no sense.

If you need to only accept SMTP sessions in case of a successful
authentication, you can use my SPAMCONTROL patch and apply the environment
variable REQUIREAUTH:

http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/spamcontrol.html

second:

when i send an email the recepicent receive an e-mail "Received: from
localhost (HELO.....)" (in the header) and some provider
trash this mail....where can i chanage that (to display my DNS name and
not localhost)???

You can modify the control/me or the control/helohost to refer to the
correct FQDN (man qmail-remote).

regards.
--eh.

Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de/
Wiener Weg 8, 50858 Cologne | T: +49 221 484 4923 | F: ...24