Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
On Wednesday 02 June 2004 11:37 am, Patrick Donker wrote:

I don't really understand how any of this really has anything to do with
vpopmail... sounds like you're needing help configuring your ftp server,
which, last I knew, was not what this list was for... but I could be wrong
;)

You are partly right; it is about vsftpd. On the other hand, I'd like to
use vpopmail's vchkpwd module as authenticator so I can use the virtual
users from qmail, who, in fact, will be the ftp users. So basically I'd
like to know how to (ab)use vpopmail pam auth in vsftpd. Supposedly
vsftpd supports pam authentication, so according to my limited intelect
it should be possible to use vchkpw...right?
I dont know anything (yet) about pam, so forgive my ignorance if this is
a trivial question :P

pam as in .. unix pam.. it's true that vpopmail is, by definition "a pam" as
in a pluggable authentication module, however I don't believe it can
interface with the UNIX pam services.

-Jeremy

I bet you have put this on the very top of your to-do list then :)