On second reading I may have misunderstood your question, are you
trying to load balance between two servers for a single domain?

If that is the case a pretty simple solution would be to split up
addresses using subdomains. That is, at the bottom line you have
mail1.domain.com, and mail2.domain.com and divide the
addresses among these. So you could have different users in the same
TLD on different servers. It would probably be easy enough to set
something up to route mail sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to the correct
final destination so users wouldn't need to use [EMAIL PROTECTED]
as their email address.

-- Jamie

--
Best regards,
 James                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]