Hi,

The patch applies does not solve the underlying problem, the fact that you
cannot connect to the DB server. It just makes sure the system behaves
properly even when one cannot access the DB.

In the case of email delivery, proper behaviour means that the message is put
back into the queue for later delivery.

In other cases, proper behaviour may means that the system complains it does
not know your user. I do not know.

Now that I think about it, that could be the problem I am having. When using
IMP-Courier imap-vpopmail  some of my users need to login many times. It
could be that, because of the problem, authentication fails and they have to
loggin again.

Best Regards,
        François