Mark Richardson wrote:
If your only problem is the user count (lucky you) you can manualy reset
the cur_users and it will begin wirking again.

Ok now you make me worried... What other things have you run in to because that was my fear anyways: I don't understand why this doesn't work (well it just seems unimplemented in vconvert), so what else will i run into ?
My only problem has been with dir_control, everything else is working fine. There is a small tool in contrib called vcdir which is supposed to correct the problem and reload the dir_control data from the dir_control files in each domain. I have been unable to get it to compile. NetBSD/Sparc (my ecluster machines) does not have libnsl, and Solaris 8 (my MySQL host) is having problems finding libmysqlclient.a. Maybe if I were a C programmer I would be in better shape. Though, using it might solve my problem, it won't answer my questions about what each field's purpose is.

I thought the mysql support was pretty stable in vpopmail ?
The support for MySQL doesn't seem to be the issue here, just the conversion to using MySQL from cdb at this point.

This list is not maintained by any developers that can shed some light on this subject ?
Ummmmmm, maybe I am just asking the wrong questions.

Does anyone know what each field in the dir_control table is supposed to contain?

What is the purpose of level_startX, level_endX, level_modX, level_indexX, the_dir?

Thanks,

DAve

Thanx,

Mark.