Hi all,

I have to solve the famous problem of splitting a unique domain into 2 remote machines. One machine gonna be the MX for the domain but will contain only part of the e-mail accounts. The other half of the e-mail accounts will be configured in the other server. Creating two subdomains *is not a valid alternative* for me.

Is it possible to do this elegantly with vpopmail?

Until now, the most elegant solution i have seen is using Qmail + qmail-ldap patch + Open LDAP. In this scenario, vpopmail wouldn't be used.

I know there is also a vpopmail-ldap patch, but i understood that it doesn't foresee the case of splitting a domain into two different servers.

Thanks in advance,
bnegrao