On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 18:57 -0300, Walter Souto R. Junior wrote:
> Thanks Tom and Jeremy,
>
> I do fix my run file for smtp, but now I have a "501 malformed auth input
> (#5.5.4)" using telnet. I'm also trying with Opera with plain, auth and
> cram-md5 without success. My run file looks like:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> LOCAL=`head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`
>
> QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
> NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`

Can the qmaild user read your vpopmail information?  I certainly hope
not.  This is why you are unabled to authenticate.  Now, go fix this and
disable your open relay.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
        kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
           GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ scriptkitchen.com/kitchen.asc