On Friday, July  8 at 11:52 AM, quoth Tren Blackburn:
Hey List;

Running vpopmail-5.4.10 and building sort of a dspam appliance.  I have
dspam enabled in the .qmail-default of the domain with the following line:

| /usr/local/bin/dspam  --deliver=innocent --mode=teft --user [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  --stdout | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox

Okay...

And I've created mailboxes on the server that I use only for
authentication as I've got a .qmail file for each user that just
forwards to the end server.  In my telnet tests however, it doesn't seem
like the message is even getting to vdelivermail...it's just being
blasted through to the .qmail-user file in the domain directory
(/home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com).

Don't have .qmail-user files.

When qmail has the message and is going to deliver it, it has been told to look in ~vpopmail/domains/domain.com/. It will deliver to the most specific .qmail file it finds. .qmail-default is a catch-all, while .qmail-user files are more specific.

Why do you have .qmail-user files?

I'm wondering how it would be possible to make this work, as I do not
want any email actually stored on this server, but I do need the
accounts on the server so users can authenticate to the dspam cgi program.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm pretty confident it can be made to work.

~Kyle
--
Genius may have its limitations but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
                                                      -- Elbert Hubbard