Rick Widmer wrote:
> John Simpson & Robin Bowes
>
> Do you really want the onchange function to be called three times on an
> add_domain operation, and two times on an add_user operation?  I find it
> problematic that you are notified of the mod_user before the add_user,
> and personally would prefer only one call per operation.  (That means
> you have to assume the postmaster user was added when you add a domain.)
>
> At the very least I would like to block the mod_user notification in an
> add_user operation.  I think it is a good idea to block the add_user
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] operation on an add_domain too.  I'll handle coding it
> if it is ok with you two.

Rick,

I must admit I've not actually looked at John's code.

However, my thoughts (based on your comments) are as follows:

add_user should be called as well as add_domain when a new domain is
created - these are separate actions that happen to both occur when you
first create a domain.

I don't really have a problem with both mod_user and add_user triggering
in an add_user operation. What happens to cause mod_user to trigger as
well as add_user? I guess the user is added and then modified - the
password is set, perhaps? BUt I would need to look at the code to see
what actually happens. Bottom line; If the user is being added and then
modified then it makes sense to have both hooks triggered.

Why do you want to change this?

> README.onchange
> If --enable-onchange-script is added to the ./configure command
> many vpopmail commands, and calls into the library will call the
> script ~vpopmail/etc/onchange when they have completed execution.
>
> When the script is called, it will be passed the following values
> on the command line to indicate what was changed.
>
> add_user    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> del_user
> mod_user
>
> add_domain    domain
> del_domain
> add_alias_domain

Does there need to be a "del_alias_domin" hook? How about a mod_domain,
or mod_alias_domain (not sure if these two would be necessary)?

> valias_insert    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> valias_remove
> valias_delete

What's the difference between valias_remove and valias_delete ?

Does there need to be a valias_mod?

Why is this not add_valias, del_valias? (to make it the same as the
user/domain hooks) ?

R.