On May 12, 2006, at 9:01 AM, Tom Collins wrote:

On May 12, 2006, at 6:43 AM, MT wrote:
May 12 07:18:03 mail2 vpopmail[15323]: vchkpw-smtp: vpopmail user not found [EMAIL PROTECTED]:10.5.4.41

If I do `vuserinfo [EMAIL PROTECTED] on each machine it will print the postmaster info. So each machine does see that it exists - just not sure after that.

The qmail-smtpd process doesn't have the correct permissions to read the vpasswd file for the domain (or the vpopmail.mysql file with the MySQL login info).

So I'm still reinstalling - nice POS hardware I'm given to use (but that's another story). If anyone could tell me please, what should the permissions be? This is the setup I did:

On the NFS server I created /home/domains, /home/users, /home/control
I created user/group vpopmail:vchkpw and group qmail. The directories on the NFS server looks like this:

drwxr-xr-x   2 root     qmail  584 May 12 07:33 control
drwxr-xr-x   3 vpopmail vchkpw 160 May 12 07:33 domains
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     qmail  128 May 12 07:33 users

On the mail servers / NFS clients I created directories /mnt/ domains, /mnt/control, /mnt/users

Do I change the permissions on the client to? (example)
drwxr-xr-x   3 vpopmail vchkpw 160 May 12 07:33 domains

Have I got my permissions COMPLETELY screwed up? I know this is more of an NFS question rather than vpopmail - but I figure that anyone who has a working NFS/vpopmail setup should know.

thanks,
Matt