> I'm migrating a server with Plesk to qmailtoaster (with vpopmail).
> I have some email accounts with the same username and differente domains.
> Say:
>  username at domain1.com
>  username at domain2.com
>  username at domain3.com
>
> Using plesk, users could login via POP3 and IMAP using only the username.
> I need to mantain this on the new server.

Um...  I don't know how Plesk works (I've heard questionable things about
it's Licensing status, plus it being closed source - I like to be able to
fix my server bugs :)), but unless you are using a different IP address
and POP3/IMAP server instance for each domain, I don't see how you could
be doing this right now.

If you are really using separate IP addresses per domain, compile vpopmail
with --enable-ip-alias-domains, and make sure that reverse DNS is
configured properly - see http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/vpopmail.html for
more details.  There may be other ways to do this, but I don't know about
them.  Of course, I'd just make the users use their full email address to
authenticate, but that's just me :)

Josh

Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division
You can't win; You can't break even; You can't even quit the game.
  - Layman's translation of the Laws of Thermodynamics
[EMAIL PROTECTED]