To: <vchkpw@inter7.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Domain wide quotas

Wouter van der Schagt schrieb:
Hi all,

Is it possible to disable domain-wide quotas (sum of all popboxes) and
just to use popbox quotas ? At the moment i have both. Or do i have
to set the domain to NOQUOTA and then configure the popbox
individually to have a quota?

Sincerely,
- Wouter van der Schagt

Domain quotas don't work anyway.
AFAIK, you need OS quotas to get that to work.
But that slows things down.
Ideally, you would have a database of domains and quotas where a provisioning system deducts the amounts of diskspace that are given to individual users. Once the domain-quota is used up, it would not allow adding any more quota to any user in that domain.

AFAIK, most control-panels with qmail underneath use this way, more or less.

cheers,
Rainer

!DSPAM:484e80d532357934211682!