I am not sure what he is looking for but I have used vpopmail for over 10
years and never had any problems. If you need quota then yes that¹s a
different story. In the old days you could use and configure vpopmail with
OS quota (linux etc) but now with the new version you can use vpopmail
integrated function even though I have not use the quota for a while since
all my clients do pop and get them down to their client machine so I do not
have that problem but I would suggest to read the new readme for the quota.
If you do not need it then do not worry just install follow Bill¹s direction
and you will be up and running in about 1 hour.

If you still need help let me know but I will be out of the country
(traveling to Italy) and be gone fo 2 weeks.

Ciao
Remo

On 11/27/09 4:12 AM, "abc Xyz" <a_xy...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i have .qmail-default in /home/vpopmail/~vpopmail/domains/user/example.com
> directory. and this file contains:
> | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
>
> Regards
>
> Hello.
> 1) To use maildirsize files you have to configure vpopmail without
> --enable-domainquotas option. Then each user with defined quota will have file
> called maildirsize in his maildir. E.g.
> /home/vpopmail/domains/example.com/username/Maildir/maildirsize This file
> contains information about disk space usage and is updated every time user
> deletes messages via pop3/imap or new message arrives. You can read more about
> this method here: http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html
> <http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html>
> 2) Regarding messages w/o fields - what is in .qmail-default file in
> /home/vpopmail/domains/<your-domain> directory? Could you post all contents of
> this message (if it's not too big) here?
> 3) Honestly, I've never uninstalled vpopmail, but I think that if you remove
> domain name from /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains  then mail for this domain
> will not be processed by vpopmail. But there are no other options for virtual
> domains with qmail. Vmailmgr is way obsolete imho. Also you could try 'make
> uninstall' :)
>
> Friday, November 27, 2009, 12:28:32 PM, you wrote:
>> >

> can you please explain what do you mean by "old-fashioned quotas, which are
> using maildirsize file in user's directory" and how can i set that....
>
> Any suggestions why i am getting empty mails without sender, recipient,
> subject and content... what should i look for to rectify this??
>
> thirdly how i can uninstall vpopmail completely from my server.
>
> Thanks.

!DSPAM:4b102bc732713734518358!