I just noticed I've used "closed" for a few Jira issues and others have
used "resolved".

Here are the descriptions you see when you select to close or resolve and
issue:

Close - Closing an issue indicates that there is no more work to be done on
it, and that it has been verified as complete.

Resolve - Resolving an issue indicates that the developers are satisfied the
issue is finished.

I found this in a forum
(http://www.nabble.com/JIRA:-"closed"-vs-"resolved"-td13351086.html):

- -----------------
several people have asked about the difference between resolved and closed in
JIRA.  the idea behind this is that the programmer can resolve the bug when
he thinks it's fixed, and the reporter or QA team will close the bug when
it's confirmed.

obviously, we don't really have QA teams, and it's probably best not to rely
on users to close issues.  so, i've created a new scheme that removes the
redundant closed step entirely, just leaving resolved.  this will be the
default scheme for new projects, but if you want yours changes, please say.
- -----------------

Since we don't really have a QA team (separate from developers anyway), should
we just stop at resolved as well?

The concept of using both makes sense to me

bug filed -> open
developer fixes bug -> resolved
before release, someone looks at everything that's "resolved", after
successful test -> closed

Any thoughts?

Josh
- --