On Jan 16, 2009, at 1:58 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:

I'm thinking the reason the property can be multivalued is to allow for fixes when multiple major versions are being maintained. For example, say programX maintains both 1.x and 2.x series releases. Let's say they're most recent releases are 1.5 and 2.1. They may have a bug that comes up that affects both 1.5 and 2.1. So, the Affects Versions property would be set to both 1.5 and 2.1. Then, if it's a critical issue, they may release 1.5.1 and 2.1.1 that both contain the fix, requiring that the Fix Versions property be set to
both 1.5.1 and 2.1.1.

Right.

Since we're not maintaining more than one series of release, I'd say we just
go ahead and set it to the next unreleased version when the issue is
resolved.

Sounds good to me.

--kevan