I have been using resolved for the issues I've worked on.
I think your suggestion makes sense, so I vote yes.

Aaron

--On January 16, 2009 9:35:11 AM -0500 Josh Thompson <josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu> wrote:

I just noticed I've used "closed" for a few Jira issues and others have
used "resolved".

Here are the descriptions you see when you select to close or resolve and
issue:

Close - Closing an issue indicates that there is no more work to be done
on  it, and that it has been verified as complete.

Resolve - Resolving an issue indicates that the developers are satisfied
the  issue is finished.

I found this in a forum
(http://www.nabble.com/JIRA:-"closed"-vs-"resolved"-td13351086.html):

- -----------------
several people have asked about the difference between resolved and
closed in  JIRA.  the idea behind this is that the programmer can resolve
the bug when  he thinks it's fixed, and the reporter or QA team will
close the bug when  it's confirmed.

obviously, we don't really have QA teams, and it's probably best not to
rely  on users to close issues.  so, i've created a new scheme that
removes the  redundant closed step entirely, just leaving resolved.  this
will be the  default scheme for new projects, but if you want yours
changes, please say. - -----------------

Since we don't really have a QA team (separate from developers anyway),
should  we just stop at resolved as well?

The concept of using both makes sense to me

bug filed -> open
developer fixes bug -> resolved
before release, someone looks at everything that's "resolved", after
successful test -> closed

Any thoughts?

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

OIT Advanced Computing