Sunil,

From what I remember, I didn't have to do much to the rootimg.gz image to make
it work.  I created the files I supply before xCAT started using "statelite"
instead of "stateless".  I think statelite uses NFS to mount the image, and
stateless uses an image file downloaded to the node and run out of RAM.  Since
generating a statelite image is pretty straightforward use of xCAT, you may
want to ask on the xcat-user email list for help with it.

Unless you can have the admins of the other dhcp server on your network
exclude the MAC addresses of your blades, you'll need to create a separate
private network to control your VCL stuff, either physically or with VLANs.

If they can exclude the MACs, you can set up the dhcp server on your
management node to only answer to requests from your blades.

Josh

--
Josh Thompson

josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu