hi Josh,

i seem to get a feeling that partimage-ng cannot support 'UEFI; based
partitions, hence when it tries to restore an image to a disk with a
previously installed linux partition, results in an error.

could you confirm that if partimage/partimage-ng could be used to
capture/restore bare metal images of Windows? if this isn't true, then
is WinPE the only option?

??

regards,
prem.