hi Josh,

i will give it a try with the latest partimage-ng, so that i can
recreate rootimg.gz with new partimage, could you provide pointers to
creating the rootimg.gz, i am amazed how tiny it is.

you mention that you heavily use partimage, from this i understand
that it takes care of creating the efi, msr and primary partition
required for windows? do i get this wrong that we need these sets of
partitions for windows.

hoping to hear from you on the above questions before you leave for
your break, - in any case have a wonderful break. hopefully i will
understand this better by then.

regards,
prem.