On Jan 30, 2012, at 1:52 PM, Aaron Peeler wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> We are getting close to being able to ask for graduation. Based on the
> checklist:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#checklist
> We've meet many of the goals:
> - the community is growing
> - cut official releases, soon to be another one
> - good communication on user/dev mailing lists and irc channel.
> - more diversity in committers, hopefully over next month or so we can
> bring one or two more.
> Our current active committers are:
> Andy kurth - NCSU
> Josh Thompson - NCSU
> David Hutchins -  Not-NCSU
> Aaron Coburn - Not-NCSU
> myself(Aaron Peeler) - NCSU
> Part of our challenge in not graduating yet has been the diversity
> among our committers. It is/was heavily weighted with NCSU only
> committers. In order to move quicker to graduation, it would be great
> to attract one more committer. Which means being active on the list
> and submitting code for review. Other areas to be a committer can be
> with the web site or documentation, in case you are not comfortable
> with writing code.
> Mentors, Can you advise on other areas or issues that your think we
> need to address before we apply for graduation?

Diversity is the only sticking point that I have.

I've been happy with the increased communication (one minor point -- try not to
substitute Jira posts with mailing list communication) and overall progress of
the community. I'd recommend that you continue to encourage and mentor new
contributors. So that they can become committers on the project.