On Jan 30, 2012, at 10:52 AM, Aaron Peeler wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> We are getting close to being able to ask for graduation. Based on the
> checklist:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#checklist
>
> We've meet many of the goals:
> - the community is growing
> - cut official releases, soon to be another one
> - good communication on user/dev mailing lists and irc channel.
> - more diversity in committers, hopefully over next month or so we can
> bring one or two more.
>
> Our current active committers are:
> Andy kurth - NCSU
> Josh Thompson - NCSU
> David Hutchins -  Not-NCSU
> Aaron Coburn - Not-NCSU
> myself(Aaron Peeler) - NCSU
>
> Part of our challenge in not graduating yet has been the diversity
> among our committers. It is/was heavily weighted with NCSU only
> committers. In order to move quicker to graduation, it would be great
> to attract one more committer. Which means being active on the list
> and submitting code for review. Other areas to be a committer can be
> with the web site or documentation, in case you are not comfortable
> with writing code.
>
> Mentors, Can you advise on other areas or issues that your think we
> need to address before we apply for graduation?

I think this is a great podling.  Diversity is the only sticking point that I
have.

Are their any lurkers out there who would be willing to step up?  :)

Sometimes writing or re-writing a sub-system is enough to attract fresh blood.
What kinds of things would people like to see added to VCL?

Regards,
Alan